Thursday, July 29, 2010

a Couple of Cakes

Although I love the cupcakes we make at our bake shop on a daily basis, the cakes people order are the real fun. There are those people who know exactly what they want, whether or not it is possible. Then there are those who just have an idea and let us run with our artistic abilities. These are the clients that are most fun to work with, don't get me wrong, I love each and every cake I make, because its something fun that I have never made before, but when someone calls requesting a 16 layered cake in the shape of a castle and wants a quote over the phone, hello, we are just two pastry chefs, one of whom is still in school, we are not Cake Boss!


This is a pull-apart cake I made for a childs birthday party. One of those awesome customers who wanted a fish cake to my hearts desire, the only requirement, that it be orange. It was so much fun to make, I really love the pull -apart cakes. They can be made into pretty much any shape you desire, and they require no cutting later!

This cake was for a little boys first birthday, we were debating at the shop about this cake being his smash cake (the cake a one year old is given to destroy at his will). His mother called and wanted a cake with lots of colors for a little boy... ta da












These were cakes for a set of two year olds, one boy and one girl. Fondant might not taste very good, but it definitely is fun to play with!!
I have done wedding cupcakes before, but this is my first wedding cake. My pastry chef iced it, but since the wedding was at the Sunday House, which is litterally minutes from my house, I got to meet the owners of the shop there to assemble it and add all the finishing touches. I was definitely a little bit nervous, but all in all, I think it came out pretty good!










































No comments:

Post a Comment